Wednesday, October 31, 2012

veil or not veil?




It's a bit like a race, (I kept my eyes to all the fashion that recently) - the wedding day you have something on your head!


This is not a hard and fast rule, but most brides are looking for that perfect touch to your wedding hair. Tiara used to be on the road, but I have to be honest and say that I'm so over it! They may look a bit formal and "Princessy» for me (I say that now, but wearing a tiara on my wedding day!) Mine was especially strange, as it was made by the sculptor and was a gold resin and fake pearls. It was awesome for a while , but each species has its own day!

As a fashion editor, I prefer a nice hairpieces (some shiny baubles) in the side or back of the hair - they look particularly stunning with the right hairstyle. Make sure, however, that you try it with your hairdresser before the time and did not spring for them daily. You want to make sure that it sits upright and will not fall out.

Fascinators, according to one of my stylists magazine is not fun! He may, with reference to the races - but I still think they can be pretty for the right person with the right wedding dress style. Maybe something a little 1920's inspired - slinky and sexy. Too many feathers and down can be overwhelming. Think simple and elegant, and you'll be safe!

I personally love the pretty lace veil (think Spanish senorita) or just fresh flowers in her hair. And look at me, the classic and romantic and very, very complete with a cream or white dress. The tradition behind them is another reason that they were in the right note.


Unusual and gorgeous headbands and hairpieces really appealing to me at the moment. Well they may seem a bit out of fashion one day, but I can not help looking like now. A good example of creative genius for the bride - milliner Richard Nylon in Melbourne is fabulous. Also check out the Culture Bridal Couture, if you live in Sydney, a designer Lisa Merton has an unusual and divine veil and screensavers designed to go with her most distinctive dress.

At the end of the day - it all depends on your personal style. And if you love it and feel comfortable in it, you will look beautiful. The fun part is trying on all the different options!

No comments:

Post a Comment